Company formation history
Hydrometallurgical plant is located in the region of Caucasian Mineral Waters at the foot of the mountain Beshtau. The history of the enterprise dates back to 1954, when the plant was commissioned by the Resolution of the USSR’s Council of Ministers. The Hydrometallurgical plant was founded as a structural unit. The main directions of its work were the processing of uranium ores and production of chemically pure uranium oxide. This works were completed in 1991.
The group of scientists and industrialists of the plant was awarded the Council of Ministers’ Award for the development of low-waste technological processes of mineral processing in 1987. In 1988, industrialists were awarded by the Council of Ministers’ Award for the development and implementation of production technology of scandium products in 1988.
In 1997, SUE “The Hydrometallurgical Plant” was segregated into independent company of the Ministry for Atomic Energy of the Russian Federation.
In 2003, SUE “The Hydrometallurgical Plant” was reorganized into OJSC “The Hydrometallurgical Plant”, and in 2009 the Company was privatized through a public auction. Sergey Makhov and Sergey Chak became the shareholders of the Company . At the moment, OJSC “The Hydrometallurgical plant” employs more than 1,200 people, including research team of 7 Doctors of Science, 10 Candidates of Science, and highly qualified engineering personnel.
"The Hydrometallurgical Plant" and its workers were awarded Government awards of the USSR and Russia, awards of the Russian Ministry of Atomic Energy, the Governor and the Government of Stavropol Territory for merits in the development of science and economics, strengthening the country's defense capabilities, employees’ high achievements in work.
During many decades, there were developed advanced technologies in leading areas of the chemical industry within the walls of the plant. More than 40 countries around the world consume the products of the plant.
The major milestones of the OJSC “The Hydrometallurgical plant”
1954 “The Hydrometallurgical Plant” was commissioned in November, 17 in accordance with the Decree of the Council of Ministers of the USSR №597195
1957 The sorption extraction scheme was launched
1958 Cleaner extraction was begun for the first time in the USSR
1958 Industrial synthesis trialkylamine was produced for the first time in the USSR
1967 The plant began to produce mineral fertilizers
1969 The technology of scandium oxide industrial production was developed for the first time in the USSR
1969 The production of complex granular fertilizer ammophos
1974 Scandium oxide was labeled a State Quality Mark
1974 Production of the first million ton of fertilizers in terms of calculation
1974 Ammophos was labeled a State Quality Mark
1979 The technology of aluminum-scandium master-alloy industrial production was developed for the first time in the USSR
1979 The technologies of diammonium phosphate and phosphoric acid industrial production were developed for the first time in the USSR
1987 A group of plant employees and manufacturers was awarded the Prize of the USSR Council of Ministers for the development of low-waste technological processes of mineral products
1988 The USSR State Prize for the development and adoption of scandium products production technology
1989 Production of ФОР selective extractant
1990 Production technology of scandium oxide titanium concentrate
1991 Aluminum master alloys and alloys production workshop
1992 Piezoceramic materials production technology
1993 Piezoceramic materials production
1997 Initiation of the independent legal entity SUE "The Hydrometallurgical Plant"
1998 The technology of producing of fluorine-free monoammonium phosphate from an extraction phosphoric acid
2000 Production of copper sulphate
2000 Beginning of the contractual cooperation with the Association of producers of phosphate fertilizers "PhosAgro"
1999, 2000, 2001 The plant wins a tender in Ministry of Agriculture and Food of Russian Federation for supply of MAP to Russian agricultural producers
2001 The personnel and products of the Hydrometallurgical Plant were awarded by three marks of Prestige of the third degree "Ruby Cross. For high quality"
2002 Production of technical monoammonium phosphate
2003 According to Resolution of Russian Federation №44 dated by 23.01.2003, the enterprise was reorganized into OJSC “The Hydrometallurgical Plant”
2003 The personnel and products of the plant were awarded by the mark "Silver order "Quality Expert of Stavropol" for production of competitive output
2004 On November 17-th, it turned 50 years from the day of “The Hydrometallurgical Plant” commissioning
2009 Privatization of OJSC “The Hydrometallurgical Plant”
2009 The production of granular ammonium sulphate
2011 Monopotassium phosphate production
2012 OJSC “The Hydrometallurgical Plant” was awarded by the state grant of the Ministry of Russian Federation for realization of the investment project "Increasing of the depth of phosphate raw materials processing at OJSC “The Hydrometallurgical Plant” with production of scandium and rare earth metals" for amount of 1,6 bln RUB / $ 25 mln
2015 Production of potassium sulfate
Current infrastructure of the OJSC “The Hydrometallurgical plant”
The plant is equipped with modern technological equipment, providing a stable output and allows changing its nomenclature according to market demands.There are:
- Railway (12 km),
- Truck fleet (86 units of technical equipment),
- Qualified personnel, including electrical and mechanical engineers, who manufacturing non-standard equipment by using modern machinery equipment,
- Engineering design office,
- Scientific and research laboratory,
- Laboratory of environmental protection,
- Analytical laboratory for process control and quality control of manufactured products,
- Tailings pond of 140 hectares,
- Private TPP, which provides production of energy resources.
Football club “GMZ”
Forming enterprise of the city of Lermontov is also an active social unit. Without doubt, Football Club GMZ has become a specific proud of the plant. The history of its development is quite interesting and original. The club arose in the 70-90s, and its workers were the first players of the enterprise. Financing of the team was provided by the plant. The team repeatedly scored victories in various competitions, including regional championship. However, in the 90s, in period of restructuring and crises, sports project was neglected. In 2010, a young employee, student Stanislav Romadin came to the plant. Stanislav is a professional football player. Despite the fact that football hasn’t become his profession for a number of reasons, he continued playing at the regional level. Having combined his efforts with Sergey Popov, who had been a superior of the setting-up area at that moment, together they began to apply the team for annual championships and Lermontov City Cups.
New and more significant milestone in the process of the team establishment occurred in 2015. Owing to efforts of the Chief Commercial Officer Anna Koroleva (who is a huge football fan and ardent proponent of the CSKA club) and Chief Ecutive Officer Alexander Parshin, the FC GMZ was taken to whole new level. Anna and Alexander endorsed Stanislav's idea concerning formation of powerful and strong team at the plant. The team, which could gain a leadership not only in native city, but also would fight for the title of Stavropol region champion. Moreover, the shareholders of the company, Sergey Makhov and Sergey Chak also liked the idea, and they supported the team financially. Since then, FC GMZ gained a number of victories and got higher positions in ranking of Stavropol region football clubs.